Welcome to Assumption Home and School!
Assumption Home & School is a volunteer parent organization that aims to enhance the overall educational experience for students and staff. We also facilitate and/or support school fundraising efforts and coordinate many of the volunteer opportunities available at the school. (Similar in many ways to a traditional Parent-Teacher Association/PTA.) We welcome your involvement and encourage your participation in Assumption Home & School!
Support Walla Walla Catholic Schools at the Fair!
Assumption Home & School, along with DeSales Home & School and the WWCS Booster Club, run 2 food booths at the Fair over Labor Day weekend. Please help by volunteering for a shift and/or eating our delicious food!
- We coordinate 2-3 entertaining/educational all-school assemblies each year. We implement the “Miles Club” lunch-hour run/walk program. We host a Scholastic Book Fair, and coordinate a Leaf-Clean Up Service Day in the Fall. We also represent our school with a float entry in the Walla Walla Fair & Frontier Days parade.
- We provide an all-school “Back-to-School Lunch” and an-all school Thanksgiving Feast, as well as support Grandparents/Special Friends Day in November and the school’s “May Crowning” live rosary presentation each Spring.
- We show appreciation to our faculty and staff by hosting a Christmas Lunch, celebrating birthdays, coordinating classroom/teacher “Christmas Wish Lists” and supporting “Teacher Appreciation Week” each Spring.
- We also provided financial support for special projects to better our school. Past projects include updates to the gym, installing library bookshelves, subsidizing a new Hot Lunch Program, and purchasing materials and supplies for our teachers’ classrooms.
This Year's Special Project Goal
Every year, Assumption Home & School uses funds raised for a special project for the school. The 2-year project for 2013-14 and 2014-15 is an electronic readerboard outside of our school. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting project! In the past two years, our fundraising efforts purchased new white boards for grades 3-8 and Google Chrome Books for all students. Plans for the 2017-18 Project are still in the works!
To fund these projects and programs, we implement TWO major school-specific fundraisers each year;
- We coordinate parent volunteers to staff two very popular Walla Walla Catholic School food booths at the Fair in August.
- We implement an Assumption Home & School Raffle in Jan-Feb.
- We also encourage and assist in coordinating volunteers to support the larger Walla Walla Catholic Schools fundraisers: Sausage Fest in early October and The Hope Auction & Dinner event in the Spring.
How to SIGN-UP for Volunteer Opportunities
We utilize Signup.com – an online volunteer management program for most of our projects. We will post links on this page with coordinating volunteer opportunities, as sign-ups open for each.
We intend to announce the opening of each on-line sign up as they become available through the "Assumption Home & School" Facebook page, and with inclusion in email updated from our Principal, Mr. John Lesko. In addition, you can contact any of the Assumption Home & School officers listed below at any time with any questions.
REGISTER FOR SIGNUP.COM HERE: Signup.com
It's Quick, Easy and FREE!"
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK HERE: "Assumption Home & School"
We welcome your involvement and encourage your participation in Assumption Home & School!
2017-18 Assumption Home & School board members:
· Tovah Fazzari, President
· Natalie Auth, Vice-President
· Terri Barrow, Secretary
· Kelly Gorton & Sarah Doely, Co-Treasurers
· Brooke Cox, Parliamentarian
We would love to hear from you! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org